- Marshall, TX
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Pay Rate
- 4 Year Degree
up to $30
Under direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Systems Technician is a Hands-On role and will be responsible for maintaining and repairing the heavy machinery, plant equipment, tools and systems used in manufacturing, engineering and other industrial production processes, follow all established procedures and policies while managing the day to day production needs in order to meet the company goals.
- Conducting periodic maintenance checks
- Planning equipment upgrades and machinery modifications
- Investigating equipment breakdowns and monitoring the performance of equipment after repairs have been carried out.
- Trouble shoots programmable controllers
- Installs wiring, pneumatic and hydraulic controls
- Technical support for operations and daily maintenance work, in-house or contracted work.
- Assist operations in troubleshooting technical equipment issues.
- Prioritize corrective action resolution of area top ten trouble equipment list
- Contributing to the development and communication of repair plans to maintenance and operations that meet RAGAGEP and improve overall reliability.
- Recommend and optimize PMs to improve life cost and effectiveness.
- Assist operations in coordination and preparation for planned shutdowns.
- Participate on area capital project teams as Maintenance Representative, as needed.
- Facilitate RSD (spares, reliability strategy) process for existing and new assets.
- Assist in developing scope for Reliability projects for execution by Maintenance and Engineering team.
- Assist and support training of mechanics and operators on reliability concepts, repair procedures, and equipment operations.
- Communicate technical issues and path forward to operations team.
- Insures all safety and lock out / tag out procedures are followed
- Develop engineering solutions to repetitive equipment failures, excessive equipment wear issues, changeover problems.
- Engage site safety initiatives to support an injury-free work environment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical preferred;
- Electrical license or 5 years industrial electrical experience preferred
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Self-direction and initiative
- Organizational skills
- Computer Skills-specifically MS-Office and Outlook
- Valid Driver’s License
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.